Just how fast can I whip up my one blog post for today? Well, when Mitt Romney provides great material like he did in a video that was released Monday in the liberal-leaning Huffington Post and Mother Jones, it shouldn’t take long at all.
It was in the secretly recorded video shot at a private fundraiser — provided by a source asking to remain anonymous — May 17 in Boca Raton, Florida, at the home of Sun Capital executive Marc Leder that the Republican presidential challenger said, “There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the President no matter what. There are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent on government, who believe that, that they are victims, who believe that government has the responsibility to care for them. Who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing.”
It’s funny that Mitt should say that on a day like today, when I — as someone who just might vote for Barack Obama — started a new job as a car salesperson because, in part, I don’t want to rely on the money I get from unemployment that’s a fraction of what I earned before in my last job that’s not nearly enough to support a family (and it’s called an entitlement? HA!) As for a health care entitlement, let’s not forget that it was Mitt Romney’s Massachusetts that provided the framework for what we now know more familiarly as “Obamacare.”
But Mitt Romney wouldn’t flip-flop, would he?
And let’s not forget that it’s the sad state of health care coverage that’s helped push so many middle class Americans closer to poverty — the kind of situation that Mitt Romney was just shown to be so clueless about … again.
Mitt Romney’s cluelessness when it comes to the fight that the middle class faces on a daily basis and how much more difficult that struggle becomes on a daily basis might be laughable if it weren’t so sad.
Say goodbye to the presidency, Mitt! Just when it appears that your campaign can’t hit any worse potholes on the road to the White House, it hits another doozy. And there’s still time for it to get swallowed up in an even bigger sinkhole.
- Controversial private fundraiser video shows candid Romney (CNN.com blogs)
- “Inconvenient Facts”: Mitt Romney’s Foreign Policy Would Play Into The Terrorists’ Hands (mykeystrokes.com)
- Mark Your Calendars: Presidential Debate Dates (alexrister1.wordpress.com)
- The Largest Compilation Of Mitt Romney Flip Flops (VIDEO) (addictinginfo.org)
- Mitt Romney Thinks Middle Income Is Between $200K and $250K [Mitt Romney] (jezebel.com)
- Cameron ‘claimed Britain is united against Mitt Romney’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- Mitt Romney’s missed shot at President Barack Obama (miamiherald.com)
- Maher: ‘This is the Week Mitt Romney Lost the Election’ (Guest Voice) (themoderatevoice.com)