There was one point that I forgot to bring up last night in my post about Republican presidential challenger Mitt Romney — in his words — being caught on video giving a remark that was “not elegantly stated” about 47% of Obama voters being a bunch of low-lifes dependent on the government.
My forgotten point is this: I pay more in taxes on my unemployment claims percentage-wise than you do on your taxes. You once proudly stated that you pay 13% in taxes, right, Mitt? The taxes that I’ve paid on unemployment amounts to about 16%.
Of course, there are a fair amount of people who get a surprised look on their faces whenever I tell them that I’ve even had to pay any taxes on unemployment.
Meanwhile, for your dining and dancing pleasure, here is the full video (in two parts) of Mitt Romney “not elegantly stating” stuff at that fundraiser for his wealthy donors last May.
- Thanks for a quick topic, Mitt Romney!!! (viewfrommiddleclass.wordpress.com)
- Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign suffers blow (newstalk.ie)
- Mitt Romney says his ‘victims’ comment caught on video not elegantly stated (thestar.com)
- Mitt Romney: ‘Victims’ comment not elegantly stated – Newsday (newsday.com)
- Palestinians ‘have no interest’ in peace, says Mitt Romney in new video (thestar.com)
- VIDEO: Mitt Romney Responds to ’47 Percent’ Comment, Says It Wasn’t “Elegantly Stated” (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Great Britain “united against Mitt Romney” (americablog.com)