Jennifer Foster was in the right place at the right time, and she was the right person to capture a photo that is warming the hearts of a lot of people these days.
The photo is of New York City Police Officer Lawrence DePrimo offering a homeless man — sitting on a sidewalk in his bare feet on a cold night — a new pair of warm boots that DePrimo purchased in a nearby store, along with socks and his own gloves, when he saw the man’s condition on November 14 near Times Square.
This isn’t a picture worth a thousand words. It’s a picture worth at least a million.
As someone who’s seen people myself in conditions not much better than this all too many times, all I can say is that Lawrence DePrimo is my kind of guy. And Jennifer Foster deserves credit for capturing a priceless moment in time that deserves recognition.
- NYPD officer: Grandfather inspired act of kindness (cbsnews.com)
- New York’s Finest (dickiebo.wordpress.com)
- NYPD Officer and Homeless Man: Our Gift of Giving (lifestoolbox.wordpress.com)
- Good Samaritan NYPD officer credits his grandfather with inspiring him to give … – Daily Mail (dailymail.co.uk)
- This Photo Turns NYPD Cop Into Hero (newser.com)
- Picture Of NYPD Officer Giving Barefoot Man Boots Goes Viral (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Pay it Forward: NYPD Officer Buys Shoes for Homeless Man [Photo] (z6mag.com)
- Ariz. woman’s NY picture sparks online sensation (azfamily.com)