I’ve been involved in a Facebook discussion about gun control over the past two days now. It’s a discussion that’s veered off into discussing welfare and abortion, and it’s raised some interesting memories inside of me that have helped to shape some of the opinions I have on these issues.
In the midst of that discussion, I saw a link to Tuesday night’s episode of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, which was largely devoted to the topic of gun control.
The timing couldn’t have been more perfect, and I had to include the link in that discussion. Because Jon Stewart’s points were perfect.
The main point coming from him was this: ALL ISSUES SURROUNDING GUN CONTROL NEED TO BE BROUGHT TO THE TABLE, INCLUDING THOSE ISSUES THAT THE NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION WOULD PREFER TO DANCE AROUND OR BRUSH ASIDE!
But enough from me. Here’s a link to the full episode.
- Jon Stewart Fought Through A Cold To Deliver A 20-Minute Riff On Gun Control (businessinsider.com)
- Jon Stewart Tears Into Fox News For Arbitrarily Deciding When And Where People Can Talk About Gun Control (mediaite.com)
- Jon Stewart rips Fox News for their perpetual outrage at gun control talk (rawstory.com)
- Jon Stewart Goes After Gun Control Opponents On The Right (tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Jon To Fox Pundit: ‘Shut Up And Shut Up’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- FWD: Is Gun Control The Issue? (stuffmymomforwards.com)
- Jon Stewart Lays The Smackdown On Gun Control Opponents (thoughtcatalog.com)
- Poll: Was Costas wrong to push for gun control on NFL broadcast? (kdvr.com)
- Jon Stewart’s Plastic Gun Is Trending (Here’s The Video) (webpronews.com)
- Stanley McChrystal on the intersection of politics and the military (video) (washingtonpost.com)