The truth remains, we’re struggling here. On one of the more costly holidays outside of Christmas, our budget is so tight we can’t afford to buy cards, candy, flowers, a dinner date or an outing to a romantic movie, any of that stuff for Valentine’s Day.
Our main focus is still on trying to keep a roof over our heads, heat blowing through the vents, healthy food in our bellies, power to keep the lights glowing at night, water to drink and wash and flush with, gas in our vehicles (one of the scarier propositions these days) … all that stuff.
There are no frills here. This is about surviving from day to day, hoping and praying as each day goes by that things start looking up more, and very soon.
Our Valentine’s Day consists of hugs, kisses, holding each other tight, and exchanging spoken words of love. A special Valentine’s Day blog article doesn’t hurt either.
I did call my mother today to wish her a happy day and to give her my love. Seeing as how I haven’t seen her in over a year, that’s a special thing.
To all our relatives, we love and miss you all.
To our sons in Washington, D.C., and Idaho, we love and miss you deeply and we are so proud of you.
To our lovely daughter, we are blessed to still have you at home so we can share our love for you and our time with you in person.
To my lovely wife, a special song. We may be fighting through tough times together, but our hearts are strong. God genuinely gave her to me, and for that I’m eternally grateful.
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!
- Global Limos Shares Ideas for Valentines Day (prweb.com)
- Without valentine in valentines day (mynightdream.wordpress.com)
- The Brown Group Worldwide Releases Valentine’s Day Project (prweb.com)
- Valentine’s Day In The UK (therelocationconsultancy.wordpress.com)
- Valentines Ideas (calmyourbeans.wordpress.com)
- [Infographic] How will you spend Valentine’s Day? (worldvision.org)
- Love in valentines day (mynightdream.wordpress.com)
- Happy Valentine’s Day! (kphoenixlove.com)
- Six Simple Valentine’s Day Gifts on a Budget (cashnetusa.com)
- Valentine’s Day in different countries (malcolmsenglishpages.com)