Here we are, a relatively short time before Lester Chambers and The Mud Stompers pile into Chick’s Place Recording & Rehearsal Studio in San Rafael, California, for a 6 p.m. PDT live “broadcast” show this Saturday on Stageit.com, and there are apparently still a few misunderstandings about how this whole thing at Stageit works.
It may be time for a bit of a “lesson” (and don’t feel bad about needing one, there are still things about Stageit.com that I haven’t known because it’s all so new) on how this whole thing works. So, found in this article is that lesson, just in time for you to get a ticket for Lester’s show.
Once you’ve gone through the “Stageit lesson” and you want to buy a ticket, come back here and click on the link below:
First of all, I still see people writing in to the events page for Lester’s show on Facebook who seem to think that they have to go to the location where Lester and the band will be performing in order to see the show. NOT TRUE! The fact is that no matter what device you have — whether it’s a big desktop computer sitting in some room in your home, or whether it’s a laptop that you can carry anywhere with an Internet connection, or whether it’s some palm device that you can walk around with ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD and get into the show at Stageit.com, YOU CAN SEE THE SHOW! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE AT THE PHYSICAL LOCATION OF THE SHOW, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LOG IN FROM WHEREVER YOU ARE AND THE SHOW COMES TO YOU! Cool, huh?
Why the 6 p.m. PDT showtime? That’s more with East Coast viewers in mind, before it starts getting too late, and early enough for West Coast viewers and everyone in between to enjoy this 45-minute show and still have time to do other things with their Saturday evening.
Now, taking information directly from Stageit.com’s Frequently Asked Questions section (see the FAQ tab on the left side of Stageit.com’s website if there are any questions left unanswered after this), we continue with the lesson (and please remember, I represent Lester Chambers myself, I am not a representative of Stageit.com) …
What is Stageit?Stageit is a virtual stage that allows Performers to make money from LIVE, interactive experiences while offering their fans a front row seat to a backstage experience.
Who is Stageit for?It’s for Performers and fans. Until now, Performers have not had an online venue where they can showcase their talents and make money in real time. Likewise, fans have not had a way to show to give money directly to their favorite Performers. Stageit connects them.
How does it work?A Performer creates a show, sets the price or suggested donation, then invites his/her fans to come. It’s that simple. The fans can purchase Notes (Stageit’s currency, 10 Notes = $1) to buy tickets to shows and tip Performers during the show. One thing to note: you (Performers and Fans alike) will need to be on a current version of your favorite browser, be up-to-date on your Adobe Flash Player updates and have a good internet connection. (We do no support IE6, IE7 and Opera browsers.)
What is the Rank / Ranking on the Show Page?
The Rank on the Show Page lets you know where you are amongst the many tippers within the show!
The Top Five Tippers are announced with their avatar. Next to the avatars is a number which announces where you are in the rankings.
The more you tip, the higher your ranking and the better chance you have of your avatar being placed for all in the show to see!
How fast should my Internet connection be to enjoy a Stageit experience?
To test your connection speed visit www.speedtest.net.
- For Viewers, we suggest a download speed of 3Mbps or higher. Less than this can impact the experience, creating issues with either or both the video/audio stream and the chat.
- For Performers, we suggest a constant upload speed of 1Mbps or higher. Less than this can cause a stutter effect for Viewers of your show.
Can I watch a show on more than one computer?
- Our system does not allow a single user to log in to more than one computer at a time and watch the same show.
- Currently a user might encounter different types of issues during the show, ranging from the viewer not streaming to chat not functioning as a result of using the same login on multiple computers.
How do I buy a ticket?
- Make sure you have enough Notes (Stageit’s currency) to buy the ticket. To convert dollars into Notes, click on the link on the top right hand side of the page where it says ## Notes(the amount of Notes in your Stageit account).
- Once you enter the Show page, you can click on the green “BUY TICKET” button, and a smaller window will open allowing you to confirm the purchase if you already have enough notes, allow you to adjust the price if the show price is “Pay What You Can” or purchase more Notes if you don’t have enough.
- If you are asked to buy more Notes, you will have the option to either enter your credit card information or to use PayPal .
- If you choose to purchase more than the difference, the remaining Notes are added to your account.
Where do I find the tickets I’ve already purchased?
- To see tickets you have purchased, click Your Account and then choose either Shows You’re Going To or Shows You’ve Been To.
What are “Notes” and how much do they cost?
- Notes are Stageit’s currency. 1 Note = 10¢. Therefore 10 Notes = $1. However, you can only purchase a minimum of 50 notes at ($5) at a time.
Why can’t I buy less than 50 Notes ($5) at a time?
- We’re building a world that lets people purchase tickets and make tips as low as 10¢. Credit Card companies won’t let us do that because the transaction is too small for them. Therefore, by asking you to pay $5 at a time we reduce the amount the transaction costs significantly thereby allowing us to pass those savings directly to the Performers and fans.
Can I purchase additional Notes during a show?
- Yes, you can definitely purchase additional notes during a show. To purchase additional notes click on the ## Notes(the amount of Notes in your Stageit account) link in the upper right hand corner of the page. Then, enter your payment info and click Purchase. Voila! you have purchased more notes!
I bought a ticket but I can’t get in
- First, make sure you actually have a ticket to the show. To do this, click on Your Account, then select Shows You’re Going To. You should see your ticket displayed as one of your Shows I’m Going To. If you do see your ticket but still cannot get in please email usand a Customer Service rep will be happy to help.
I bought a ticket through a PayPal or credit card transaction, but it still shows that I have 0 Notes.
- If you don’t have enough notes in your account at the time you want to buy your ticket, you will be prompted to buy more notes (minimum transaction of 50 Notes = $5). If you choose to purchase the exact amount you need to purchase the ticket, those Notes will be applied toward the cost immediately. You’ll then have a ticket, but no additional Notes. If you choose to purchase more than the exact amount you need to purchase the ticket, the remaining Notes are added to your account.
I don’t want my credit card information stored for future purchases. How do I remove it?
- When you click on the “## Notes” next your name in the upper right, it will open the purchasing window. Next to the text “Use credit card ending in XXXX click on “Remove”.
- Your credit card will now be removed from your account.
- Be sure to uncheck “Store this card for future transactions” toward the bottom of the transaction window.
I would like a refund?
I bought a ticket to a show, but I totally forgot to go. Can I get a refund?
- If there was something wrong with your experience, please email us and a Customer Service rep will be happy to help. Please include your username and the show were attending.
- Note from Stageit Terms of Service: You understand that all purchases of “Notes” and/or of any other virtual or tangible items (e.g., gifts, merchandise) sold on through the StageIt Services are final and non-refundable, except, in our sole and absolute discretion and are a limited license to view StageIt Performances and purchase other virtual or tangible items and are not a cash account or equivalent. Once you buy Notes, you cannot get your money back.
I can’t see the show
- Have you logged in to StageIt?
- Have you purchased a ticket to the show?
- Have you checked the speed of your Internet connection? (see How fast should my Internet connection be to enjoy a Stageit experience? for recommended speeds.).
- Do you have the most current version of Adobe’s Flash? Check here: (http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/)
- Do you need to download the newest version of Adobe’s Flash? Get it here: (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/)
- Have you tried refreshing your page?
- If you feel your speed is fast enough and you’re still not getting the video to work, please email us and a Customer Service rep will be happy to help.
I can’t see the chat
- Have you checked the speed of your Internet connection? When it’s running slow, the broadcaster and the chat ‘fight’ over the bandwidth. The broadcaster will win this fight as it’s the priority. As such, you may not be able to experience chat for that particular show. If, however, you feel your speed is fast enough and you’re still not getting the chat to work, please email us and a Customer Service rep will be happy to help.
Problems with watching a Stageit show
Can’t See / Hear Video?
- Refresh your browser window
- Confirm you have a current version of Adobe flash player
- Try another browser – If you’re using an older browser, you’ll need to upgrade to a current version of your favorite browser.
Video Playback is Choppy, Video is Lagging
- Sometimes this is caused by the broadcaster’s internet connection, but it can also be an issue with the connection on which the viewer is watching.
- If either connection is too slow, there will likely be a stuttery or choppy stream.
Sound is too quiet or too loud, no sound at all
- Check the volume on your computer to make sure that is up.
- Ensure the volume on the viewer is turned turned up. (this is in the lower left-hand corner on the viewer.)
- If you still have audio issues, it is most likely a problem on the broadcaster’s end.
Player doesn’t load. I only see “Standby” or a black screen where video is should be
- Please refresh your browser. If that doesn’t work,
- Make sure you have Adobe Flash Player installed and updated on your computer: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
Chat: Loading problems
- If you cannot see the chat, you might be behind a firewall (i.e. at the office) that blocks the ports that allow chat to connect.
- Please ensure you only have one browser window or tab open while watching a Stageit show.
How do I reset my password?
We know it’s hard to keep track every password you use. We make it easy to reset your password. Here’s how:
- Please add email@example.com to your email contacts so that the password reset email does not arrive in your junk mail folder.
- On the Stageit log in page, please click the link next to ”Forgot your password?” that reads “click here.”
- You will be asked to type in your email address associated with your Stageit account. Please enter and click send. An email will be sent to this address.
- Please click either link provided to you in the email titled “Password Reset Instructions.”
- You will be prompted to enter a new password. Please confirm the new password and hit save.
How do I send a Private Message?
You can either double-click the username within the chat or click the Fans tab and then click the username from the listing. All comments that occur here will be kept separate from the Public Room chat.